Your personal data - your settings
Information you provide us or information we register about you when using our Services, will be used solely for legitimate purposes and in accordance with applicable privacy policies. We safeguard your privacy and the security associated with the use of your information.
You can make inquiries regarding the processing of personal data to our CTO.
1. What is personal data?
2. Processing purpose and legal basis
We use your personal data:
- in order to provide the Services
- to provide customer service, including answering inquiries from you
- to send you information by e-mail (e.g. newsletter)
- to analyze the use of the Services for analytical purposes
- to prevent abuse of the Services
- to alert you to changes or other matters of importance to your customer relationship with us
- for compliance with statutory obligations, such as the Accounting Act
- in other contexts where we need to know who we are in contact with
We use personal data solely for processing purposes that have a valid processing basis. Selected types of data processing require your consent.
We are data processor for all customers who enter into a license agreement for the use of Ignite Analytics. For this type of agreement, we sign a separate data processing agreement («DPA») with the customer.
3. Data being processed
We gather information from different sources to fulfill the purposes described above. These sources can be divided into two main categories:
- Information you provide us - Information we register about you when using the Services
Information you provide us
If you contact us, sign up for our newsletter or create a user on Ignite Analytics, you provide information about:
- your name
- your e-mail address
- your phone number and
- company name
You may also provide further information when you choose to order a license on Ignite Analytics from us.
Information we register about you when using the Services
When you use a Service, we use different technologies to recognize and learn more about you as a user - both on the website and on Ignite Analytics. The information we collect may include operating system information, browser versions, IP addresses, identifiers from your browser, and user behavior (e.g. time spent).
4. Marketing of the Services
If you have subscribed to our newsletter through consent, you will receive these upon publication, unless you have opted in to unsubscribe from the newsletter in later correspondence.
5. Sharing of information
Only Ignite Procurement employees have access to the information. We do not sell or rent your information to third parties.
Your information may also be disclosed in statutory cases, as part of payment (debt collection), accounting, or as a result of orders from relevant public authority.
6. Sharing information on social media
You can share information from our Services on social media, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. If you choose to share information in social media, these media may be able to collect information about your activity on the Service. Ignite Procurement has no control or responsibility for how social media uses personal data they gather about you.
7. Use of tracking technologies (cookies etc.)
To analyze the use of our Services:We use different tools that provide us with statistics and analyzes of our Services. The tools allow us to recognize your browser over time and thus know if you have visited the website and how often. These tools also provide us with an overview of how many unique users we have and how they use our Services. The information we collect is used to analyze user patterns, as well as develop and improve our Services.
We use the following services to analyze the use of our Services:
- Google Analytics: Collect and analyze data about how website visitors use the Service. Read more about this on Google’s website.
- HubSpot: Processing of customer information and communication. Read more about this on HubSpots website. All IP addresses are anonymized in the services we use.
8. User settings for cookies
You can prevent cookies from being stored on your computer by changing the settings in your browser. However, this may affect the functionality and quality of the Services.
We work continuously to safeguard our customers’ privacy. Our security work includes work on IT infrastructure, personnel training and security of premises and equipment.
Ignite Procurement shall ensure that information collected is not used in contravention of the purpose for which they are collected and the terms and conditions available at any given time.
Ignite Procurement has established both technical and organizational procedures and measures to ensure that unauthorized persons do not access your personal data. Examples of such measures are risk assessments, DPAs, various procedures for data processing and follow-up of requests related to access, correction, barring and deletion, see section 10 below.
It is important that you safeguard your password to Ignite Analytics, in addition to protect your mobile phone, PC and tablet with passwords or similar identity checks. This is your responsibility.
10. Storage and deletion
Note that user information in Ignite Analytics will be deleted in accordance with the signed license agreement for your company.
We may block access to your Ignite Analytics user if we have reason to suspect fraud or breach of the terms in accordance with the license agreement.
In some cases, we may request your consent to retain information for a longer time period. In such cases we will inform you about the processing purpose for keeping the information. For example, the purpose may be to keep your contact information after you unsubscribe from our newsletter.
11. Your privacy rights
The Norwegian Personal Data Act gives you privacy rights that you may exercise in different manners. Your rights include being able to:
- Withdraw a consent
- Request that your personal data be corrected or deleted
- Request access to personal data we have registered about you
- Oppose certain types of personal data processing or require processing to be restricted
- Require information provided or transferred to a new service provider
- Appeal to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority
You can make inquiries regarding the processing of personal data to our CTO. To ensure that personal data is handed to the right person, we may require that a request for access be made in writing or that the identity is otherwise verified.