Havila Holdings is a family-owned investment company and a parent company to several companies within various segments. With a vast network of subsidiaries and a diverse range of products and services, Havila has established itself as a formidable player in the market.
However, despite its success, the organization faced a significant challenge when it came to managing its spend and supplier information. With siloed, manual, and excel-based data, it took time for the company to understand its spend patterns and supplier relationships comprehensively.
But Havila did not let this challenge hold them back. Recognizing the need for a centralized hub that could consolidate and manage all their spend and supplier information from their subsidiaries in one place, Havila decided to take the bold step of moving towards a more modern and efficient data management system for its procurement function.
With this move, Havila has once again proven to be a harbinger of change in the industry. By embracing new technologies and modern data management practices, the company is now able to gain valuable insights into its operations that were previously unavailable through manual processes alone. In addition, the company can now effectively manage purchasing synergies across all of its subsidiaries.
We at Ignite Procurement are proud to have been a part of this journey and to have played a role in helping Havila achieve this significant milestone in its procurement transformation. With this case study, we aim to showcase the success and impact of Ignite's Analytics and Data management solution and the valuable insights and capabilities it has provided to the company.
Havila is a complex organization with tons of data in different systems and formats, a lean organization with limited time to process the data.
These challenges have created a number of problems:
- The lack of centralized data created bottlenecks throughout the organization. Data was not easily accessible across departments or teams, thus making it difficult to make decisions based on the complete picture.
- Limited capacity and resources.
- The fragmented process made it difficult for employees to get things done in a timely manner.
Havila Service was looking for a solution that could help it improve efficiency, manage suppliers, and realize synergies across the group. It needed a tool to bring together data from multiple systems and enable holistic supplier management across the group, including spend overview, agreements, savings opportunities, financial risk assessment, HSEQ, including social risk assessment, and carbon footprint.
They found the solution to this in Ignite Procurement. Ignite helped Havila Service collect and harmonize procurement data from multiple sources. It also provided an easy way to compare supplier performance against customer requirements on an ongoing basis.
Ignite Procurement implemented a solution that created transparency and improved Havila's capacity to manage its procurement process. The solution was designed with the following goals in mind:
- Create a centralized data foundation: Spend and supplier data from different sources and systems configured and fed to the Ignite Procurement platform.
- Map and enrich the data: Customized data flows are built to map, consolidate, and enrich data to enable full transparency on spend and suppliers.
- Create a holistic supplier overview: Provide a comprehensive supplier base overview to identify risk and compliance issues and boost efficiency.
- Dynamic visualization: Reports and insights are automated on top of the data foundation to enable efficient supplier management & synergy identification.
Ignite Procurement implemented a cloud-based procurement data and analytics solution to help Havila to manage its suppliers through a single platform. This enabled Havila to get a complete view of its supplier base, which included:
- Suppliers spend
- Supplier financials
- Supplier health, safety, environment, and quality or HSEQ compliance
- Supplier social risks
- Co2 emissions
The system is designed to be intuitive and easy to use, allowing all levels of staff to access the information they need to identify areas of cost savings, compliance, risk management, and sustainability.
With this new system in place, Havila has been able to increase transparency, streamline its procurement processes and digitize multiple manual processes that were previously required for each step of the process.
With Ignite Procurement, Havila was able to:
- Significantly improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their procurement processes, with +80% efficiency gains in collecting and harmonizing data.
- Screen ~1,500 suppliers to get 100% spend visibility and make better, more informed decision, which led to improved supplier relationships and performance.
- Comply with Åpenhetsloven with a visualization of their supplier base, which enabled them to identify and report on risks by supplier, location, country, HSEQ, social, environmental, and category.